- 2022-present: EGUsphere preprint moderator *
- 2021-present: Associate Editor of Earth Science, Systems and Society published by the Geological Society of London*
- 2020-present: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences at Washington University (USA)*.
- 2018-2020: Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences at Macquarie University (Australia).
- 2018-2020: ECS representative team member EGU-Seismology Division**
- 2017-2022: Honorary visiting fellow, School of Geography, Geology and the Environment at University of Leicester (UK)***
- PhD in Geophysics, University of Leicester,School of Geography, Geology and Environment, Leicester, United Kingdom
- Msc in Geology-Geophysics, University of Nice, Nice, France
- Bsc in Geology-Geophysics, University Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France
Physical state and thermochemical structure: Antarctica (2020-present)
Patagonian slab window (2020-present)
Plume interaction and spreading ridge: Galapagos archipelagos (2018-2021)
Multi-observables thermochemical tomography of Central and southern Africa (2018-2021)
Seismic study of the crust beneath the Northern Scandinavian mountains (2012-2017)
 Ben Mansour, W., Wiens, D.A., Mark, H.F., Russo, R. M., Richter, A., Shore, P., Barrientos, S. Mantle flow pattern associated with the Patagonian slab window determined from azimuthal anisotropy (submitted).
 Mark, H. F., Wiens, D. A., Ivins, E. R., Richter, A., Ben Mansour, W., Magnani, M. B. , Marderwald, E., Adaros, R., Barrientos, S (2022). Lithospheric erosion in the Patagonian slab window, and implications for glacial, Geophysical Research Letters [**].
 Afonso, J. C., Ben Mansour, W. , O’Reilly, S Y, Griffin, W L, Salajeghegh, F, Foley, S, Begg, G, Selway, K, Macdonald, A, Januszczak, N, Fomin, I, Nyblade A A, Yang, Y.. Thermochemical structure and evolution of cratonic lithosphere in Central and South Africa , Nature Geoscience
 Ben Mansour, W. , England, R. W., Moorkamp, M., Kohler A., Fishwick, S. NScandiCrust: new crustal model of the northern Scandinavia mountains from ambient seismic noise and receiver function analysis (Journal of Geophysical Research, working on revisions).
 Ben Mansour, W., England, R. W., Fishwick, S., Moorkamp, M. (2018). Crustal properties of the northern Scandinavian mountains and Fennoscandian shield from analysis of teleseismic receiver functions, Geophysical Journal International, 214,1, 386–401,doi: 10.1093/gji/ggy140 [**].
- NScandi-Crust : Vsv model from joint inversion P-RFs and Rayleigh wave phase velocities (available soon).
- MTT-Africa22 : Thermochemical structure of Central and Southern Africa from multi-observable probabilistic joint inversion (available soon).
- SWS_PATAG22: Azimuthal anisotropy of Southern Patagonia from shear wave splitting analysis (available soon).
- ANT-22 : Thermochemical structure of Antarctica from multi-observable probabilistic joint inversion (available soon).
- AfricaCrust22 : Lithospheric architecture of southern Africa from full 3D joint probabilistic inversion (available soon).
Prospective students and research projects
- Azimuthal anisotropy beneath Central and southern Africa [more details soon].
- 3-D thermochemical structure of the lithospheric and sub-lithospheric mantle of Mongolia [more details soon].
- Mechanisms of support of the Verkhoyansk and Chersky mountains [more details soon].
- Joint inversion and machine learning [more details soon].
- Seismic attenuation [more details soon].
- Distributed Acoustic Sensing [more details soon].
Science Communication :
- Pint of Science France (Nice):
Grises de Sciences by Laurie Chiaria (Universite Cote d’Azur, Fr)
Local newspaper-Nice Matin
- Taste of Science STL, Missouri (USA)
Feed your curiosity with Taste of Science by Shawn Ballard (WashU)
Page template forked from evanca